“I had a feeling of goodwill toward the people of Minneapolis particularly, and it was my desire to live here all my life and to do all possible toward the upbuilding of the prosperity of the community.” —Thomas Barlow Walker, founder of the Walker Art Center
The Legacy Circle honors those who have remembered the Walker Art Center in their estate plans.
Since its founding, the Walker has received generous support from dedicated friends who have recognized the need to ensure access to world-class contemporary art for future generations.
Through their foresight and generosity, Legacy Circle members make a crucial difference in upholding a sound foundation for the future growth and vitality of the Walker Art Center.
Joining the Legacy Circle
The following are examples of ways to make a charitable donation through planned giving and become a member of the Legacy Circle:
- Include a gift to the Walker in your will or revocable trust. You can choose a specific dollar amount or percentage of your estate, your estate receives a charitable deduction for your bequest to the Walker.
- Designate the Walker as a beneficiary in your retirement plan. This can provide an important gift at considerable savings.
- Name the Walker as a beneficiary or owner of an existing life insurance policy. You can also purchase a new policy to benefit the Walker.
- Establish a life income trust that enables you to receive income for life while making a gift to the Walker. This type of planned gift allows you to obtain an income tax deduction, reduce your estate taxes, and protect your financial security during your lifetime.
- Assign tax-advantaged gifts of securities, property, or art to be made over time, during your lifetime.
What Will My Gift Accomplish?
Planned gifts help support the Walker’s Endowment Fund, which has long been the financial driver for the Walker’s budget and has allowed the institution to flourish artistically and become a model for museums around the world. The principal of the Endowment Fund is invested to increase over time, and the Walker uses the income it generates to support general operations and innovative, multidisciplinary programming.
Planned gifts from Legacy Circle members ensure that artistic excellence, from new work to new scholarship, will continually be upheld at the Walker.
Benefits of Joining the Legacy Circle
- Potential tax deductions as the result of your generous donations
- Exclusive invitations to Walker events and programs, including events with the executive director and curators
- Recognition on the Walker’s donor panel (if desired)
- Recognition in the Annual Report and in other Walker publications (if desired)
We invite you to join Legacy Circle and be a part of sustaining the Walker’s financial foundation for generations to come. If you would like more information or have made this commitment and are ready to notify the Walker, Michelle Poss, Gift Officer, would be pleased to hear from you at 612-375-5838 or firstname.lastname@example.org