This cunning show finds universal common ground in one man’s field of detritus. It’s a ruefully, comically sentimental piece that plucks a fleeting connective poetry in the seeming randomness of what we hoard. -- New York Times
In this comically moving one-man show, award-winning actor/illusionist/inventor Geoff Sobelle transforms the McGuire Theater stage into an immersive and immense performance-installation that unpacks our relationship with everyday objects. Alone with a mountain of teetering boxes, a man reaches into the heap to investigate and meditate upon the artifacts of existence. Wander through the debris onstage with Sobelle in search of the meaning of life in a lifetime’s collection of junk.
- Created and performed by Geoff Sobelle
- Directed by David Neumann
- Scenic installation design by Steven Dufala
- Lighting Design by Christopher Kuhl
- Sound design by Nick Kourtides