The Walker Art Center seeks a strong Archival Intern to provide administrative and organizational support with the digital and film archive of the Ruben / Bentson Moving Image Collection. This role will report to the Bentson Archivist / Assistant Curator. This is a great opportunity to work alongside dynamic colleagues supporting some incredible programming.
- Maintain and assist the archivist with the organization and care of Ruben/ Bentson Moving Image archive.
- Prepare text and video clips for new Mediatheque.
- Assist in the planning and organization of the digital archive.
- Provide administrative support when necessary.
- Contribute to the Walker Magazine.
- Educational background or strong proficiency within the areas of film, video or media studies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized and professional.
- Previous experience in office/administrative work.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with databases such as Filemaker preferred.
- Experience with Premiere Pro and Media Encoder preferred.
- Library and digital assets experience desired.
- Interest in alternative, independent or international cinema desired.
DURATION & HOURS:
- Average of 10-14 hours per week, from September through December based on availability (anticipate 3 months from start).
If the applicant has the option to use the internship for course credit, Walker Art Center will work with the university to fulfill requirements, as possible. While this is an unpaid internship, interns receive a free Walker membership, free gallery admission, and discounts in the Walker’s restaurant, Esker Grove, and Shops. Complimentary tickets to select events may also be available.
FOR CONSIDERATION: Please send a resume, letter of interest and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.