Walker Art Center is seeking a Department Coordinator to assist in the execution of marketing initiatives across a variety of programming areas including Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Moving Image (Film/Video), and Education & Public Programs, in addition to Membership & Development, Walker Shop, Walker Rentals and Esker Grove.
- Direct administrative support to the Chief of Marketing & Strategic Communications within: calendar maintenance; conference room bookings; process and/or draft correspondences and other written materials via fax, copy, and/or mail.
- General marketing and administrative support for department: schedule key standing meetings; prepare and distribute meeting agendas/materials, confirm attendance, reserve meeting rooms and coordinate tech needs while acting as main point person for building and campus reservation planning using Artifax; coordinate departmental birthday and holiday celebrations.
- Coordinate departmental office and IT logistics: arrange office painting/cleaning; request supplies; submit IT forms for phone, email, and access card; sort and distribute departmental mail and prepare responses to unsolicited correspondences; liaise with HR for staff needs.
- Manage distribution for collateral and direct-mail; partner with contract distributor for building drops and mail house for bulk mail; manage charitable donation requests.
- Provide marketing presence at Walker events (i.e. Rock the Garden, Sound for Silents); meet, greet, and accommodate scheduled visitors; marketing/PR representative to unexpected visitors in person or by phone.
- Help acclimate and welcome new staff members by providing department overview and systems orientations.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Full-time (35 hours), non-exempt with flexibility to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Salary in the low- to mid-30’s, dependent on level of experience; excellent benefits package, Walker membership, museum discounts, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
- 1-2 years marketing or advertising experience.
- Strong organizational skills and advanced problem-solving capabilities; ability to set priorities across variety of projects, and to follow-up on assignments with minimal direction on time within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of standard office practices, composing business correspondence, operation of common office equipment, excellent/accurate word processing skills, and proficient computer knowledge (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position; they do not describe all functions of the position. Walker employees may be assigned other duties and the essential functions of the position may change or be changed with or without notice.
Email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com – please include job title in subject line. Strong internal candidate will be given preference, but all applications will be considered.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.