The Walker Art Center seeks a strong Design Studio Manager to manage and track production schedules for all Design studio projects which includes Walker publications, marketing-related materials, and exhibition materials.
- Management and tracking production; work closely with internal partners to prioritize design projects and needs, work with Design Director to assign projects; maintenance of project files and records.
- Work closely with Design Director to develop, implement, and track departmental budgets, cash flows, capital budget requests.
- Manage various design curatorial initiatives, including lecture series, online projects, catalogues, and design exhibitions.
- Manage all aspects of the catalogue publishing program, such as the request for bids and schedules, manage budgets, coordinate book proposals, marketing and sales materials for distributors, editorial and production schedules, library of congress and copyright applications, and shipment of books.
- On larger projects, secure competitive bids to ensure highest quality within established budgets, purchase printing services, coordinate communications, generate purchase orders and authorize invoices for all production and printing vendors.
- Maintain basic studio supplies and equipment; retrieve and search for digital files from the department archive; draft and maintain outside contracts for freelance support and visiting designers as needed.
- Respond to internal Design Department requests for competitions, publications, fellowships and internships, external exhibitions, and speaking engagements; coordinate studio visits and tours.
- Manage annual Design Fellowship hiring process.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Salary up to high-40’s, dependent on experience.
- Full-time (35 hours/week), Exempt; Excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word and other Office software; familiarity with the Macintosh and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge) a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience, with emphasis on project management, budgeting, and administration. Knowledge of print production and printing a plus
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work across multiple projects and under deadline pressure
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate studio operations
- Promotes teamwork, strong relationship management, and diversity of thought, building an inclusive and creative environment
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- A passion for innovation, design, and contemporary art
To Apply: Email letter of interest, three professional references, and resume to email@example.com.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.