The Walker Art Center seeks a talented Development Associate to join an ambitious, high performing, and collaborative Development and Membership Department.
- Manage Contributing Member and Patrons’ Circle acquisition, renewal, and retention campaigns, including planning and implementing cultivation events, solicitations, and status reports.
- Assist the Director of the Annual Fund to identify and cultivate a portfolio of individual donors.
- Collaborate on fundraising goals and strategies, and coordinate communications with Individual Gifts Committee, Cultivation Committee, and other Walker Trustees as needed.
- Plan and implement upgrade appeals to current members. Coordinate research to identify prospects and implement solicitation.
- Coordinate events, including communication, research, solicitation, invitations, acknowledgments, program logistics, income, expenses, status reports, filing, and recordkeeping.
- Assist in planning and execution of Avant Garden, Walker’s annual benefit event.
- Represent the Walker in public forums.
- Full-time, 35 hours/week; Occasional nights and weekends.
- Salary in the upper 40s to low 50k DOE. Excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals as well as support some remarkable artists, events, and programming.
- Minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience, including individual gift solicitation and event planning, preferably in a museum or non-profit setting, or equivalent combination of education/training, essential.
- Strong skills in communication (both written and oral), organization, time management, detail-orientation, and customer service.
- Organized and creative approach to event planning.
- Database experience required, working knowledge of Tessitura preferred.
- High degree of initiative and attention to detail.
- A serious interest in the arts required.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving heavy loads of print and event materials necessary.
- Working evening and weekend events required.
- Please email cover letter, resume, salary requirements and a writing sample (past solicitation letters or similar) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In striving for a more inclusive and diverse workforce, people of color, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas and knowledge are strongly encouraged to apply. Walker Art Center is a proud and committed EEO/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.