The Digital Media Intern will assist the Digital Media team with updating the Walker Art Center’s online presence. Working with the Senior Project Manager, the intern will enhance existing content with related materials on the Walker’s website.
The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented and have a keen interest in digital communications. Previous knowledge of contemporary art (visual arts, moving image art, performing arts, new media, architecture, and design) and art history desired. Strong content management experience (WordPress), plus fluency with the web, is essential.
- Assist with enhancement of content on the center’s website, walkerart.org
- Work with the various staff to gather and enhance content related to past Walker programs
- Other department projects and duties as assigned
- Educational background or strong proficiency within communications, marketing, journalism, digital media or museum studies.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team setting
- Basic comfort level with digital technology, and a desire to learn more about new platforms and content management systems
- Interest in contemporary art, performing arts, or cinema.
Compensation: If the applicant has the option to use the internship for course credit, Walker Art Center will work with the university to fulfill requirements, as possible. While this is an unpaid internship, interns will receive a free Walker membership, free gallery admission, and discounts in the Walker’s restaurant and Shop. Garage parking costs reimbursed. Complimentary tickets to select events may also be available.
Hours: 8 hrs/wk minimum, schedule to be determined
Duration: January through March 2018 (or February through April 2018, or other three month segment in spring semester)
For consideration: Email a letter of interest, indicating why you’re interested in the internship and what you hope to gain from it, as well as a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.