The Walker is currently seeking an Education Programs Coordinator to work as a member of the Education and Public Programs team in support of all aspects of visitor engagement, through tours, quality object-based learning, and hands-on art-making experiences. This role works with the Education Programs Manager to develop, implement and evaluate curricula, resources and other learning projects. They are also responsible for coordinating educator, guide and Art Lab scheduling, program reporting, and tour logistics.
The Education Programs Coordinator must possess a comprehensive understanding of the Walker’s exhibition program and be able to connect this knowledge to the needs of youth. Candidates should ideally have 2 years of administrative experience working within an art museum or contemporary arts organization and possess an understanding of formal and informal learning practices, especially within a contemporary arts context.
- In collaboration with Education Programs Manager help to develop, implement and evaluate new programs for a range of audiences, especially school-aged and youth; manage education and guide cohorts – schedule and develop agendas for Professional Learning Community meetings; design and develop range of education and interpretation projects and resources across the Walker campus.
- Work closely with Education Programs Assistant to oversee Walker’s Educator, Tour Guide and Art Lab schedules; take tour bookings when necessary.
- Coordinate and assess needs of guides and educators; communicate tour reminders, group changes, professional development information and guide newsletters; assist in scheduling and delivery of training; monitor guide and educator information, such as absence dates, tour preferences, etc.
- Communicate with variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficacy and safety of tours and other programs; coordinate marketing and communications with design, marketing and editorial for all areas of the Education division.
- Liaise with workshop attendees including outreach and relationship management; assist in facilitation of travel and excursion subsidies for schools including determining when groups are eligible for special assistance.
- Manage accounting for the Education and Tours division: invoicing; process tour payments; distribute budget coding sheets, credit card closeout reports, and cash/checks to accounting; process check requests for facility rental; create receipts; collect outstanding payments.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge or Bachelor’s Degree within arts administration, art education, or a related field preferred; at least 2 years of practical experience within a museum, contemporary arts or community organization preferred.
- Program development experience within an educational setting including, planning, implementation, budgeting, and evaluation; understanding of formal and informal learning processes, particularly the educator’s role in student-centered learning pedagogy.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter and problem-solver with excellent file management and organizational abilities; able to move seamlessly between administrative tasks and relationships building.
- Experience with online scheduling systems, database management, basic accounting including invoicing, invoice and budget tracking, receipts.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PC) with an emphasis on Excel, FileMaker Pro, Google platform, and Web applications; social media/web; CRM systems; internet research is essential.
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
Schedule & Compensation: Full-time, non-exempt; salary low to mid 30’s based on experience; excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
To Apply: Email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.