The Walker Art Center Library seeks an intern to assist with the implementation of an integrated library system.
- Update inventory of books in general collection
- Create item records for artist monographs and exhibition catalogues using an open-source integrated library system
- Assign barcodes to items
- Identify basic preservation needs
- Apply collection development policies to collection and identify items for deaccession as appropriate
- Assist with shifting of collection and help develop creative space saving strategies
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic cataloging
- Previous library work experience required
- Coursework in library science preferred
- Interest in the arts
Please Note: this position requires the lifting and shelving of books.
COMPENSATION: If the applicant has the option to use the internship for course credit, the Walker Art Center Library staff will work with the university to fulfill requirements, as possible. While this is an unpaid internship the Walker Art Center offers a 1-year museum membership, parking vouchers, discounts in Walker Shop and Esker Grove, and complimentary tickets to select events may also be available.
HOURS & DURATION: January 2018 through May 2018; A minimum of 2 days/week or 8 hours per week.
TO APPLY: Please email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.