The Walker Art Center seeks a part-time, volunteer Membership and Events Intern who will assist with events, database entry, and various clerical projects related to the Basic Membership team in the development department. This intern will have the opportunity to work in Tessitura (the leading CRM amongst nonprofits) and assist with member events, including exhibition preview parties.
- Assist with the planning and execution of Walker member events
- Assist with membership mailings and communications
- Data entry and maintenance, as well as other administrative tasks for the Development department
- Educational background or strong proficiency within art history/humanities, business, communications, English/composition, journalism, marketing, museum studies, and/or public relations
- Interest in non-profit arts administration and fundraising activities
- Experience working with numbers and data entry with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong writing and research skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships; must be comfortable working at events
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite, including Outlook is essential; working knowledge of Tessitura is a plus
COMPENSATION: If the applicant has the option to use the internship for course credit, Walker Art Center will work with the university to fulfill requirements, as possible. While this is an unpaid internship, interns will receive a free Walker membership, free gallery admission, and discounts in the Walker’s restaurant and Shop. Garage parking costs reimbursed. Complimentary tickets to select events may also be available.
HOURS & DURATION: An average of 7-8 hours per week, including occasional evening and weekend special events; schedule is flexible. January through March 2018 (3-month duration)
TO APPLY: Please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.