The Walker Art Center seeks a motivated and capable Membership and Events Intern to assist our Basic Membership team with events, database entry, and various clerical projects. This is a great opportunity to work alongside dynamic colleagues in support of the Walker’s incredible programming.
Database Management & Administrative Support: Gain experience in one of the most sought after development softwares, Tessitura, including gift entry and constituent record management. Other clerical projects assigned as needed.
Event Support: Assist with the planning and execution of Walker member events, which include after-hours gallery tours, talks with Walker curators and artists, and more.
- Background or strong knowledge/interest within the areas of art history/humanities, business, communications, English/composition, journalism, marketing, museum studies, and/or public relations.
- Interest/knowledge in non-profit arts administration and fundraising activities
- Experience working with data entry.
- Strong organizational, writing, and research skills.
- Comfort working with the public at various events.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite, including Outlook, is essential; working knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
COMPENSATION: If the applicant has the option to use the internship for course credit, Walker Art Center will work with the university to fulfill requirements, as possible. While this is an unpaid internship, interns will receive a free Walker membership, free gallery admission, and discounts in the Walker’s restaurant/café and Shops. Complimentary tickets to select events may also be available.
HOURS & DURATION: An average of 8 hours per week, plus occasional evening and weekend special events. May through June 2018, based on availability.
TO APPLY: Please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.