The Walker Art Center seeks a part-time, volunteer Membership and Events Intern who will assist with special events, prospect research, and various clerical projects related to the Annual Fund/Membership team in the development department. This intern will have the opportunity to assist with logistics and support of member events, including the Walker’s annual fundraiser Avant Garden They will also contribute to fundraising efforts for the Walker Annual Fund.
- Merge, print, and file donor communications
- Assist with the planning and execution of Walker fundraising and donor events
- Mailings around exhibition openings and other special events
- Prospect research to identify possible fundraising sources
Duration and Hours:
- August through December (4-month duration)
- Average of 10-15 hours per week, including occasional evening and weekend special events. Schedule is flexible
- Proficiency in the areas of art history/humanities, business, communications, English/composition, journalism, marketing, museum studies, and/or public relations desired
- Interest in non-profit arts administration and fundraising activities
- Experience working with numbers and doing data entry
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong writing and research skills
- Strong ability to work well with others and build relationships. Must be comfortable working at events
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite, including Outlook is essential; working knowledge of Tessitura is a plus
If the applicant has the option to use the internship for course credit, Walker Art Center will work with the university to fulfill requirements, as possible. Although this is an unpaid internship, Walker offers a one-year Walker membership, tickets to Walker programming and events as available; and restaurant and Walker Shop discounts.
Email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.