The Walker Art Center presents a wide range of moving image artists and contemporary filmmakers, explores the history and creative use of the cinematic medium, represents our global community, and engages our audience with artistic approaches to the ideas that define our times.
We are seeking a capable and dynamic individual to provide administrative and organizational support for the Moving Image team.
RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Program notes – compile and print program notes for each screening
- Program research – compile and organize notes, reviews, quotes per film for booked films as well as potential films being considered for future programming as assigned
- Promotional assistance – compile identified themes and target interest groups; distribute materials
- Data entry – enter/update distributor and community data into our Tessitura Database
- Program documentation –measures of success, qualitative and quantitative data and outcomes for various institutional reports (compile for draft form versions)
- Compensation: While this is an unpaid internship, interns will receive a free Walker membership, free gallery admission, and discounts in the Walker’s restaurant/café and Shop.
- Schedule: 10 – 14 hours per week
- Duration: April 2018 through June 2018
EDUCATION: Undergraduate, graduate student or recent graduate with emphasis on film, video or media studies. Comparable experience and/or knowledge will be considered.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized and professional
- Previous experience in office/administrative work
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Interest in alternative, independent or international cinema desired.
To apply please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this category. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of people in these positions and is subject to change at the organization’s discretion at any time.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.