Walker Art Center is seeking a talented Photographer who will be responsible for taking and making accessible high quality photographs of our collections, exhibits, research, and public events for a wide spectrum of uses, including books, magazines, newspapers, other publications, photographic archives, and the Web site.
- Work collaboratively with departments across the institutuion to plan and facilitate exhibition-related photography including publication, installation, marketing/social media/PR and condition photography.
- Provide event documentation across institutional disciplines including materials for the Walker Archives, on-site audience documentation for marketing/PR efforts, artist residencies and staff events photography.
- Permanent Collection documentation includes ongoing object photography, new acquisitions, seasonal Minneapolis Sculpture Garden and regular collection backlog photography while working closely with Archives.
- Provide editorial photography of visiting artists, board members, members, and staff and to use in various media and Walker publications including the Walker magazine, website, marketing campaigns, and the Walker Shop.
- Work alongside Media Producer and Design Studio Manager to manage freelance photographers including cultivation of local photographers; guidance before and after projects regarding style, objectives and technical file handling and coordination with Archives; hiring and management of photography intern, as needed.
- Maintain budget and research requests for photography equipment; order supplies and equipment, as needed.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Full-time (35 hours) with flexibility to work evenings and weekends required.
- Salary in the low-mid 50’s, dependent on level of experience; Excellent benefits package, Walker membership, museum discounts, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
- The successful candidate has a wide range of experience and demonstrated accomplishments within photographic services.
- Creative, organized, dependable, and able to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong inter-personal skills are required with the proven ability to successfully collaborate and work with a wide range of personalities and people across a variety of cultures, generations, and abilities.
- A minimum of three years experience with digital cameras, film cameras, and digital image management is required. Knowledge of studio practice, lighting systems, and micro and macro photography techniques are required in order to successfully photograph 2d and 3d objects and detail shots.
- Equipment: 8×10, 4×5, 2 1/4, and 35 mm still and digital cameras; related development and duplication equipment; experience with tungsten and studio type flash lighting; slide and film scanners, MAC computers, Photoshop; digital printers.
The ideal candidate is familiar with best practices of archiving photograph and digital photograph collections.
Please email a letter of interest, resume, desired salary, and a portfolio link to samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.