The Walker’s design department seeks a full-time Production Artist to join our award-winning Design Studio. The Production Artist will bring designers’ concepts to life, utilizing strong typographic and layout skills for digital and print, strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational skills.
- Collaborate closely with marketing partners, designers, image specialist, and project manager on advertising projects – digital ads, signage, brochures, swag, print, and other collateral.
- Build and resize banners and animated gifs; prepare images for online and mobile applications; create pdfs for print/internal review.
- Prepare final files based on supplied specifications; make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production.
- Follow a development timeline to ensure deliverables are met.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with the internal team and/or printer.
Background or strong knowledge/interest within graphic design required in addition to minimum 2 years’ professional design experience. Significant course work in graphic design, digital design, print production, along with an outstanding portfolio.
- Clear demonstrable knowledge of digital and print production and design.
- Experience with digital advertising and content — website, social, online, and email is required, along with basic knowledge Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop and web-development software.
- Solid knowledge of printing processes and should be adept with software applications such as the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintains current relevant knowledge of new production techniques and trends through research and education.
- Interest in contemporary arts is a plus.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Full-time (35 hours), Exempt; Salary in the high 30’s to 40k, dependent on level of experience; Flexibility to work evenings and weekends required.
- Excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
To Apply: Email letter of interest, resume, portfolio link, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.