The Walker is currently seeking a proficient and effective Production Manager to manage productions for assigned programming while ensuring technical excellence and that all productions proceed smoothly.
We have one of the most active and influential contemporary performing arts programs in the country, presenting and commissioning works in dance, music, theater, and performance art. Our William and Nadine McGuire Theater enables performers to present ambitious and technically complex works in an intimate setting. The theater also serves as a research and development space for new performance based pieces, expanding the Walker’s ability to commission and present new works. Walker programming also includes video, film, meetings, receptions and parties both inside the Walker and in other venues and non-traditional locations.
RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Coordinating technical resources (personnel and equipment) to support programming, providing budget reports and production schedules, hiring crews and coordinating required rentals and purchases, providing drawings and paperwork necessary for productions
- Coordinating technical requirements and division of job responsibilities with Walker support staff, incoming artists and tech staff, and house tech staff for off-site venues
- Balancing production demands with departmental resources and programming budgets to create a supportive environment for artists and crew
- Modeling behavior that is respectful and professional, being sensitive to cultural differences, and supporting a positive and inclusive work environment
- Full-time (35 hours), Non-exempt; Salary up to 45-50k, dependent on level of experience; Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends required.
- Excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL HAVE:
- Working knowledge of all areas of technical production, including lighting, audio, video and data projection, carpentry and stage rigging.
- Minimum three years’ experience as production manager for large-scale performance events. Demonstrated experience with staff management, budget, and equipment management.
- Computer skills to include working knowledge of database, word processing and drafting software and troubleshooting for computer presentation.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, be self-motivated, show initiative, and work well as part of a team and in deadline-driven situations.
To apply please provide a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.