The Walker Art Center is seeking a part-time Sales Associate for greeting visitors, sharing our story, and helping ensure extraordinary experiences and repeat visits. The Walker places the highest priority on establishing a warm and welcoming environment to all of our visitors.
- Excellent customer service: greet, recommend merchandise, assess needs, listen to/respond, and close sales. Actively engage with all customers – provide information and direction to visitors/shoppers, as needed.
- Sell art books, artist designed jewelry, contemporary gift items, and memberships.
- Provide positive, enthusiastic and welcoming environment.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Part-time (15-20 hours/week) with flexibility to work evenings and weekends required.
- $10.55/hour, Walker membership, museum discounts, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
- Excellent customer service skills and cash register/cash handling experience is essential.
- An appreciation of contemporary art is preferred.
- A clean, professional appearance.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (6+ hour shifts) and lift/push/pull up to 25lbs.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented, responsible and dependable.
To Apply: Please email a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to email@example.com.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.