Walker Art Center is seeking energetic and welcoming Sales Associates to join our dynamic and talented Walker Shop team this upcoming holiday season. These individuals will help provide an extraordinary experience for all our visitors during a very busy time of year.
- Provide excellent customer service: greet, recommend merchandise, assess needs, listen/respond, and close sales.
- Provide information and direction to shoppers as requested.
- Sell fine art books, artist designed jewelry, contemporary gift items, and memberships.
- Stock shelves and other daily tasks as assigned.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- 12-25 hours/week; Weekend availability is required – both Saturday and Sunday. Must be able to work around Thanksgiving and Christmas (through January 2018). $10.55 per hour, plus discounts and a Walker membership
- Retail sales experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills and cash register/cash handling experience are essential. Knowledge of fine art products and books with an appreciation of contemporary art is preferred. A clean, professional appearance with special attention to attire is required.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (3+hour shifts) and lift/push/pull up to 25lbs.
HOW TO APPLY
- For consideration, email your letter of interest, resume, and 3 professional references (as MS Word or PDF attachment) to email@example.com.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.