Walker Art Center places the highest priority on establishing a warm and welcoming service environment for all who visit this remarkable Center. All frontline team members are responsible for sharing the Walker’s story, greeting, and serving our guests in ways that ensure extraordinary experiences and repeated visits.
- Provide recognizably exceptional customer service to all visitors.
- Proactively and warmly welcome guests, respond to questions, and provide guidance to museum visitors.
- Seat patrons, scan tickets, distribute programs, and perform light theater cleaning between screenings.
- Assist in crowd monitoring for safety concerns and emergency situations.
- Respond to general inquiries and feedback from guests and members on site.
- Resolve customer concerns in a polite and professional manner.
- Learn and provide thorough knowledge of general event and facility information for visitors.
- Applicants should be honest, hardworking, genuine, outgoing, and amiable.
- Experience in customer service, tourism and box office procedures desirable.
- Ability to problem-solve in a quick and resourceful manner.
- Ability to handle a variety of operations simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of personalities and people across a variety of cultures, generations, and abilities.
- A willing attitude and positive demeanor.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- 15-20 hours/week; evening and weekend availability required – both Saturday and Sunday (Seasonal from 11/22/17 – 2/28/18); $10.55 per hour, museum discounts and membership. This role is hired through Common Sense Building Services for the Walker Art Center.
For consideration, email a resume and names of 3 professional references as MS Word or PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.