The Walker Art Center is seeking a Visual Arts Intern to provide exhibition support to our Visual Arts department for the upcoming Siah Armajani exhibition. You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of exhibition planning—from assisting on floorplan designs to compiling research and materials for accompanying interpretative materials and publications—and will be given shadowing opportunities to learn first-hand about our curatorial and museum practices.
- Artist’s Archive: Inventory and catalogue folders of images
- Exhibition Catalogue: Assist with image captions and bibliographic research; research and request rights and reproductions for additional images
- Public Works: Assist in researching and developing a map of public works in conjunction with our Visual Arts, Education and Public Programs, and Marketing Departments; assist in gathering / captioning images for projected slideshow of public works in exhibition
- Background or strong knowledge / interest within art history preferred
- Well-developed writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently on in-depth, focused projects and meet deadlines
- Highly organized and professional with excellent communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Museum experience preferred
COMPENSATION: If the applicant has the option to use the internship for course credit, Walker Art Center will work with the university to fulfill requirements, as possible. While this is an unpaid internship, interns will receive a free Walker membership, free gallery admission, and discounts in the Walker’s restaurant and Shop. Garage parking costs reimbursed. Complimentary tickets to select events may also be available.
HOURS & DURATION: 2-3 days/week, schedule to be determined; April through June
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume (PDF or Word only) that includes a letter of interest, with the names and contact information of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.