As part of the Walker’s 75th anniversary we are releasing a variety of clips from the Walker’s archives.
“The painting which is shown in this film was purchased by Mr. T.B. Walker about 1902. Because of heavy repainting by unknown hands, the painting was placed in storage. Experts who viewed the canvas and studied X-rays of several areas found evidence of 17th century workmanship. The condition of the original paint film seemed good. If the overpaint could be removed, the possibility of rediscovering an old master was great”.
Produced by D.S. Defenbacher.