The Walker Art Center and guest curator Pramila Vasudevan are seeking dance makers of all forms to be presented in this year’s Choreographers’ Evening.
Pramila Vasudevan, a 2017 Guggenheim Fellow, curates this annual event, now in its 46th year. As the founding artistic director of Aniccha Arts, which produces site-specific performances, as well as a creator of community rooted/routed transdisciplinary work, Vasudevan looks forward to working with Minnesota-based choreographers to bring audiences the joy of the unexpected.
Choreographers’ Evening will take place on Saturday, November 24, 2018 at 7 and 9:30 pm. If your piece is selected, you must be available for a two-hour tech rehearsal of your work on November 19 or 20 (exact day/time slot between noon and 10 pm to be determined) as well as from noon through the performances on Saturday, November 24, 2018.
The Walker’s McGuire Theater, 725 Vineland Place, Minneapolis
Thursday, August 9: 6–10 pm
Friday, August 10: 2 pm – 6 pm
Saturday, August 11: 10 am–2 pm
- Audition time slots are available on a first come, first served basis
- Auditions are in 10 minute intervals
- Pieces are usually 3 to 6 minutes in length and may not exceed 7 minutes
- Works in progress are accepted
- Choreographers must live in Minnesota
- Video submissions are accepted, although live performance is strongly preferred. To submit a video, please send a password-protected online link to firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up for an audition, please sign up for a time slot using the online scheduling form.
Additional questions may be directed to Pramila Vasudevan at email@example.com or Molly Hanse at firstname.lastname@example.org.