I would very much appreciate feedback on this year’s Choreo Evening and have been given permission by Emily Johnson, 2007 curator, to resubmit the blogging format she posed last year.
sincerely, Sally Rousse
What do you remember?
What surprised you?
Did you laugh? Did you cry?
Did your mind wander?
post-re-view is a post-performance project of Catalyst.
I am interested in what happens when audiences are invited to craft a response to a performance, especially when they weren’t preparing for that task during the show. What stays in the mind? What is recalled? What is lost? Does any of this change the relationship between “review,” “reviewer,” “audience,” and “performance?”
Now that you’ve seen the 36th annual Choreographers’ Evening, please write, draw, videotape (or anything else you can think of) a response to any one or any number of the dances you saw Saturday night, November 29, 2008.
A few liberal post-re-view guidelines:
– post-re-views can be of any length
– post-re-views can take any shape the contributor chooses; essay, quick response, prose, lists, drawings, short film…
– People are asked to create post-re-views AFTER shows
– post-re-views are not edited
– These post-re-views will be posted on the Walker’s website and on Catalyst’s website
– post-re-view-ers need not have any prior experience writing about, performing, or making “dance.”