Here’s her breakdown of the main subjects of the nearly hour-long discussion:
1. Name of work. What is dark matter from a physics perspective and how did what we saw relate to that.
2. Narrative and the break from the more narrative first half to the more pure dance in the second act.
3. Contact Improv and other types of dances used or referred to (dance history elements).
4. How the sets removed layers and pushed boundaries as the dance went on.
5. Music. Seemed well liked but there was a wondering if live vs recorded music would make it feel warmer/more human.
6. Lighting and the way figures (and shadows) appeared and disappeared.
7. The surprise when the last shadow stripped and was a woman.
8. The sheer athleticism and beauty of the dance/dancers.
9. The puppet and puppetry.
Feel free to add additional comments.