As part of our blog series Family Reads in the Open Field we’ll be rolling out reading lists for families to enjoy all summer long, as provided by local artists, artist-parents, and families. Thanks to musical duo, Clementown for launching the series! Books selected from the reading lists, as well as radios, backyard games, and other fun stuff is available for check-out at the Open Field Tool Shed.
Clementown is Chris Beaty and Kate Lynch. Making music for kids and adventurous adults, Clementown’s kick-off project is a CD that accompanies PolkaBats and Octopus Slacks by New York Times best-selling children’s author and illustrator Calef Brown. Last January Clementown and Calef Brown performed together at Free First Saturday for 2 raucous live shows. Check it all out at www.clementown.com.
Clementown’s summer reading list:
1) PolkaBats and Octopus Slacks written and illustrated by Calef Brown
2) Bread and Jam for Frances-Hoban by Russell Hoban
3) Roxaboxen by Alice McLerran, illustrated by Barbara Cooney
4) The Grey Lady and the Strawberry Snatcher by Molly Bang
5) The Quiltmakers Gift by Jeff Brumbeau, illustrated by Gail de Marcken
6) Pelle’s new suit by Elsa Beskow
7) The Mitten by Jan Bret
8) Yum Yum Dim Sum by Amy Wilson Sanger
9) The Story of the Root-Children by Sibylle Von Olfers
10) Tales from Moominvalley by Tove Jansson