As part of our blog series Family Reads in the Open Field we’ll be rolling out reading lists for families to enjoy all summer long, as provided by local artists, artist-parents, and creative kids. Books selected from the reading lists, as well as radios, backyard games, and other fun stuff is available for check-out at the Open Field Tool Shed.
This week’s list is provided by Destiny Otto. Destiny Otto is kind and loves when people read books to her. She is almost 9 years old and goes to Breck School. Thanks Destiny for these wonderful suggestions!
1. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
2. The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
3. Junie B. Jones books by Barbara Park
4. Everything Kid’s Cookbook by Sandra K. Nissenberg, M.S., R.D.
5. Wig words by the B-52’s Pictures by Laura Levine
6. Grace for President written by Kelly DiPucchio pictures by LeUyen Pham
7. Queen of the Scene by Queen Latifah illustrated by Frank Morrison
8. The Skin I’m In by Sharon G. Flake
9. The Three Little Witches Storybook by Georgie Adams illustrated by Emily Bolam
10. Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes