- Manohla Dargis wrote a glowing review in the New York Times.
- Accompanying the review is another excellent multimedia feature in the vein of the clip of Happy-Go-Lucky last week. It’s an audio slide show narrated by Lance about the inspriation and aesthetic of Ballast.
- Ballast was nominated for four IFP Gotham awards.
- David Bordwell also has some interesting observations and analyses on the film as well.
- Also, if you haven’t had the chance to look at the trailer yet, you must. The YouTube version is below, but you can see it in a much higher resolution on the Ballast site. It is one of the most compelling trailers I’ve ever seen. I can only imagine seeing the fantastic Cinematography on the screen in the Cinema next week. I know there is hopes of a run of Ballast in the Twin Cities down the road, but there’s no saying when that will be. I hope you can join us and Lance Hammer for the screening next week.