Deadline for submission: Wednesday, June 20, 2012
It’s that time of year again! Curated by IFP MN and the Walker Art Center, MNTV showcases the finest films and videos produced in the state over the past two years. The showcase is a series of three one-hour broadcasts on TPT, featuring short films by Minnesota filmmakers of all levels of filmmaking experience. Submit your films now! There is no cost to apply!
If your film is selected,
- it will be broadcast on Twin Cities Public Television (TPT-TV) and streamed online;
- it will be installed in the Best Buy Film/Video Bay at the Walker Art Center;
- you’ll be paid $500 in licensing fees.
The series will be broadcast in December 2012.
- Works must have a running time of no longer than 30 minutes. There is no minimum length.
- You must have completed the work after January 1, 2010.
- You must have resided in the state of Minnesota at the time the submitted work was produced.
- If you are a full-time student at the time of the submission deadline, you are not eligible to apply.
- Current employees of IFP MN, Walker Art Center, and TPT are ineligible to apply.
- A licensing fee of $500 for limited television broadcast will be paid to the winning filmmakers.
READY TO APPLY? HERE’S HOW!
- Complete this online form. You’ll need a 50-word synopsis of your film, a 50-word bio of yourself, and other information about your film. Click here to fill out the form.
- If you are submitting your film online, include the URL on the application form. You do not need to submit a DVD if your film is available online.
- You may submit one or two films for consideration. Please do not submit more than two. Complete a separate form for each submission.
- If you are submitting a DVD, please bring or mail it to the IFP office (address is below). Please label the DVD with your name, the name of the film, and your phone number.
MNTV – IFP Minnesota
2446 University Ave. West
St. Paul, MN 55114
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20, 2012.
THIS IS AN IN-OFFICE DEADLINE, NOT A POSTMARK DEADLINE.
Watch previous MNTV films HERE!
Check out last year’s program at the Walker HERE!
April 2012 Guidelines for 2012 program available online
June 20, 2012 Applications due
July 2012 Selections announced
December 2012 MNTV Broadcast on TPT
March–Aug 2013 MNTV at Walker Art Center
The Fine Print:
MNTV is a three-part series of short films made by Minnesota filmmakers and aired on Twin Cities Public Television. Walker Art Center Film and Video Department, IFP Minnesota, and TPT have teamed up to produce the 2011 MNTV season. The Jerome Foundation provides the funding for the program.
The goal of MNTV is to provide a television broadcast venue for short-form filmmakers and to nurture an audience for their work. The MNTV program often represents the first time local filmmakers are compensated financially for the projects they produce and direct. Licensing fees of $500 are paid to the filmmakers for the broadcasts on TPT.
Works must have a running time of no longer than 30 minutes. Artists must have created the work since January 1, 2010, and resided in the state of Minnesota at the time the submitted work was produced. A panel of judges from the partnering organizations will judge the submissions based on:
• Production quality and craft
• Suitability for television
• Ability of filmmakers to present their applications in an articulate and professional manner
Funding for MNTV is generously provided by the Jerome Foundation.