Check out the new website for Open Field, our experimental, summer-long project that invites the public to help transform our big, green backyard into a cultural commons.
The site serves as a hub where you can learn more about specific projects happening this summer, read tweets and view images of what others are doing on the field, and add your own activities to the shared calendar. One of the major components of Open Field is the animation of the outdoor space by all of us. We’ve organized some of our own programs on Thursday nights and Saturdays, and we hope you fill up the rest of the hours this summer with your own creative, engaged actions.
Visit to learn more about:
- The shared calendar upon which you can list your field activities
- Public projects with the artist collective Red76 and Futurefarmers
- Family fun on the field throughout the summer
- Open Field’s amenities such as the new Bar and Grill and Tool Shed
- the return of mnartist’s Field Day
- the introduction of the new, weekly Drawing Club under the trees
Invite your friends and join us in imagining new possibilities for the creative future we hold in common.