Public Program Organizer Nathan Lewis checks in with us on Open Field and summertime
Name: Nathan Lewis
City/Neighborhood: Minneapolis/Stevens Square
Open Field Activity: Into the Blue – Cyanotype Photography
Description: Did you know that you don’t need a camera to make a photograph? The Cyanotype is one of the oldest forms of photography and is easily recognized by its deep Prussian blue tone. Come explore this fun and easy form of image making using only sunlight and water by creating beautiful and unique photograms with found objects from around the field.
Date of Activity: July 21, 2012, from 11am to 2 pm and August 18, 2012, from 12-3 pm.
1. Fill-in-the-blank: _______________ is what we make together.
Light Writings are what we make together.
2. What is the perfect Minnesota summer activity?
Biking the Greenway.
3. What would you like to share on Open Field?
That the camera is not the medium of the photographer, light is.
4. Describe your favorite summer memory.
Spending summers in Louisiana and swimming on the River.
5. What other Open Field activity are you looking forward to this summer?
6. What is your favorite summer song?
Regina Spektor – All the Rowboats (no matter how hard I try that song is always stuck in my head).