A quick stress reliever for 2 or more people (as designed by two cranky, stressed out colleagues – that would be me and Christina). This is guaranteed to waste 15 minutes of your afternoon. Enjoy!
1. Gather a variety of art-making components and set them out in plain view. (Here in ECP we like to open all the cabinet doors in the Art Lab for easy grabbin’.) Also gather scissors, tape, and glue.
2. If you have more than two people, pair up so each person has an opponent.
3. Start the clock! Each opponent has two minutes to pick out six art-making components. (For example, pipe cleaners would be considered a component, so feel free to grab a handful – it still counts as just one!)
4. Give the six components over to your opponent. Scissors, tape, glue and other construction necessities are freebees and don’t count towards the component limit.
5. Keep your eye on the clock! Everyone gets 13 minutes to create an art work from the six components. You have to use some of every component.
6. Display proudly:
The Animal Inside by Christina Alderman
Components: take-out box, plastic lizard, chopsticks, foam paper, metal lids with clear tops, ribbon
Homage to David Lynch by Morgan Wylie
Components: cardboard, magazine, contact paper, cotton swabs, rubber duckie, pipe cleaners