TAKE 5: Five Questions for blog posts from activity organizers on Open Field this summer
Name: Chris Fischbach
Open Field Activity: Speed Submissions
Description: Coffee House Press editors want to hear your book idea! Stand in line to take a shot at getting published in a three-minute speed submission. This is your chance to pitch your work directly to a Coffee House Press editor just before our open submission period begins in September. Time is limited, so you’ll want to get there early. We are especially looking for innovative ideas that are in the spirit of Open Field and the cultural commons.
Date of Activity: August 13, 2011 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Check out this and other events on the Open Field calendar!
1) What’s your favorite public space, in the Twin Cities or beyond?
The Minneapolis Central Library
2) How did you find out about Open Field and why did you decide to host your own activity on Open Field?
Coffee House Press utilized Open Field for this event last year and had wonderful results. We really believe in the community resource provided by this free, collaborative space. Also, we feel like editors shouldn’t only be behind closed doors, impossible to get to. We should be out in the community, looking for work. We want to be accessible. Also, Open Field is one of the best things to happen to Minneapolis in a while. We want to be there.
3) If you could learn any skill on Open Field, what would it be?
4) What is the ideal audience for your Open Field activity?
Anyone who likes to read or write and who has a great idea for a book.
5) If Open Field had a mascot, who/what would it be?