TAKE 5: Five questions answered by activity organizers on Open Field this summer
Name: Christina Elias
City/Neighborhood: Loring, but travel around the country
Open Field Activity: The Swatch Team: Yarn Bombers Unite!
Activity Description: The Swatch Team wants you! Calling all knitters to create a yarn bombing at the Walker. Crotcheters welcome. Weekly creative rendezvous every Thursday will culminate in a yarn bombing on September 1st. Questions, inquiries, or creative contributions welcome every Thursday from 5-8 pm.
Date of Activity: Every Thursday, 5-8 pm.
Check it out on the Open Field calendar of events!
1) What’s your favorite public space, in the Twin Cities or beyond?
The Good JuJu Garden in the heart of Minneapolis, 14th Ave South and 22nd Street–a beautiful safe haven in the ‘hood.
2) How did you find out about Open Field and why did you decide to host your own activity on Open Field?
Jan (my greatest fan!) turned me on to Open Field. When I proposed “Yarn Bombing” the response was “This is the most serendipitous thing that’s happened all week!”
3) If you could learn any skill on Open Field, what would it be?
4) What is the ideal audience for your Open Field activity?
We hope for the neighborhood and community of Minneapolis to be present for the “installation” on September 1st!
5) If Open Field had a mascot, who/what would it be?
A sheep, an alpaca, and an Angora goat!