Walker Forum is a quarterly salon exploring the intersection of art and life through a series of events featuring leading local and national cultural figures. The Forum brings together art enthusiasts, creative professionals, and patrons who share a commitment to the arts and the Twin Cities’ vibrant cultural community. Using the Walker and its programming as catalysts for exchange, participants gather to actively consider the dynamic nature of contemporary culture and its influences that shape the continuing evolution of arts institutions today.
Invitation to participate in the Walker Forum is extended to Walker members at the Partner-level ($5,000) and above.
Walker Forum Events
- Lotta Jansdotter, designer and style icon – May 20, 2022
- Houston White, designer, entrepreneur, and community leader – December 2, 2021
- Margot Roberts, Alma Hotel proprietor and natural beauty entrepreneur – August 18, 2021
- Cary Fortin and Kyle Quilici, founders of New Minimalism – May 19, 2021
- Iván Asin, founder and leading art educator of the Center for Art Education and Sustainability (CAES) – February 3, 2021
- Hank Willis Thomas, artist and activist, For Freedoms – October 20, 2020
- Cleo Barnett of Amplifier with artist Gregg Deal – August 12, 2020
- Dave Eggers, award-wining author, McSweeney’s publisher, and social entrepreneur – March 1, 2020
- Laura Shannon Ballman, Art crime Investigator – November 1, 2019
- Sean Sherman, CEO of The Sioux Chef and cofounder of NATIFS – July 22, 2019
- Kimberlie Birks, design writer and editor – April 24, 2019
- Matthew Burnett, designer and entrepreneur, Maker’s Row – February 11, 2019
- Erin Gleeson, author, illustrator, and photographer – October 29, 2018
- Joshua Kissi, creative director and photographer, TONL – August 13, 2018
- Bruce Carter, music educator and researcher – May 10, 2018
- Jamie Malone, awarding-winning chef of the South Minneapolis bistro, Grand Cafe – February 22, 2018
- Mas Masumoto, California-based organic peach and grape farmer – November 2, 2017
- Carlton Turner of Alternate Roots – July 27, 2017
- Matthew Israel of Artsy – January 19, 2017
- Aaron Dworkin of the Sphinx Organization – November 3, 2016
- Rick Lowe, 2014 MacArthur Genius Grant & founder of Project Row Houses – July 11, 2016
- Sarah Thornton, writer, ethnographer, and sociologist – April 7, 2016
- Emily Pilloton, designer, builder, and educator – February 18, 2016
- J Morgan Puett, fashion designer and artist – October 19, 2015
To join the conversation or to request more information, please contact Kerstin Beyer at email@example.com or 612-375-7562.
We look forward to welcoming you!